Novus Holdings has a 49% stake in Mthembu Tissue Converting.
This business produces jumbo tissue wadding, which is used by customers to produce a complete range of household and consumer products such as toilet paper, facial tissue, kitchen towels and serviettes. The ability to convert waste paper from our printing operations into jumbo tissue wadding is a model of production efficiency and is aligned with our drive to minimise our environmental impact.
Offers various tissue paper grades to suit our customers’ specific needs, available in the following ranges:
- Roller Towel
Capacity | Capabilities.
Our paper mill comprises two tissue machines:
- A 2.75m-wide paper machine with a capacity of 70 tons/day recycled tissue and can function at speeds of 900m/minute.
- A 2.45m-wide paper machine with a capacity of 30 tons/day virgin tissue and can function at speeds of 600m/minute.
- The jumbo wadding products are 2.65m in width.
- Produces 2-ply recycled tissue paper by harnessing the potential of waste paper.
- Two biomass boilers have been commissioned for efficient energy use.
- 4.5 ton Biomass Boilers on site, the steam generated from these two boilers is used to aid the drying of the tissue paper.